Yet again, nature has called, and we find ourselves on the move and far away from the comforts of modern civilization. Whether we’re skiing the big mountains, making our way to a backwoods bonfire, or just enjoying a simple hike to get away from it all, there are times when packing light with just the necessities will make or break the best times life has to offer. This winter we took to the outdoors with the CamelBak SnoBlast Pack in search of those unique experiences.
- Hydration Capacity: 70 oz / 2 L
- Total Capacity: Closed: 15L (900 cu in) + 2L Reservoir Open: 21L (1275 cu in) + 2L Reservoir
- Total Weight: 1 lb 8 oz / .69 kg (pack only)
- Dimensions: 21 x 10 x 6.5 in / 53 x 25 x 17 cm
- Torso Length: 18 in / 45 cm
- Fabric: 300 HD Velocity Twill, Double Diamond, 210D Nylon w DWR & 400 mm PU coating
- Empty Reservoir Dimensions: Snowshed™: Molded back panel with moisture-wicking DWR finish for snow-shed capability.
- Full Reservoir Dimensions: Removable 25 mm/1″ stability
- Materials: Therminator™: Closed-cell foam insulation shelters tube and reservoir against extreme temperatures.
Sleek and stylish, theCamelBak SnoBlast Packdelivers both in aesthetics and functionality. As far as looks go, the SnoBlast is available in three different colors…Astral Aura, Silver, and Charcoal. This means that finding a compliment to your regular winter ensemble is made easier. The buckles, straps, and zippers are off color from the outer fabric, giving the pack a stronger sense of structure, and a more refined appearance.
With regards to functionality, we couldn’t be more happy with the SnoBlast Pack. The main point of carrying a CamelBak product is to keep hydrated on your journeys, and with a 2 Liter capacity in its reservoir, we were able to keep hydrated for an entire day outing on the mountain and trail. The bladder is impressively simple to remove, refill, and replace, so while we were on the move we found little or no problems getting it done. This pack is also designed for winter usage, and the insulated PureFlow™ tube provides an exceptional barrier against the elements to avoid any freezing of the water supply access. The patented Big Bite™ Valve is easily accessible from the right shoulder strap, and it comes equipped with a locking mechanism to prevent any accidental flow of water at the wrong time. When the day is done, detaching and removing the water reservoir is a cinch. It comes equipped with an easy-to-clean wide-mouth opening, and dryer arms to prevent any mildew build-up between adventures.
We did discover that when we detached the water reservoir with water still inside the drinking tube, there can be quite a bit of spillage inside the pocket it resides in. This can be avoided to a certain degree if you’re careful about it, but be prepared to mop up some spilled water in the event you need to remove a bladder that isn’t entirely empty.
To read the rest of the review, please visit our friends at