GEARJUNKIE Emerging Gear: Outdoor Products This Week
A peek at emerging products from the sometimes cutting-edge, sometimes quirky world of gear design.
Fatter Winter Rack
Haul more of the newest gear to the slopes on Yakima’s FatCat Evo 4 and Evo 6 roof racks. Touted as “the most aerodynamic” snow sports mount by Yakima, the FatCat Evo 4 ($229) and 6 ($279) add more than 4 inches of extra space to accommodate wider all-terrain skis and snowboards. The racks hold four skis/two snowboards and six skis/four snowboards respectively.
FATCAT 6 EVO
The FatCat EVO is our sleekest, quietest, and sweetest ski & snowboard mount. It is wide enough to carry six pairs of powder skis – up to 136mm at the tip – or four snowboards. FatCat EVO mounts tool-free on virtually any roof rack. The HangOver™ clamp attachment point makes it easier to reach your skis or boards. SKS locks are built in for added security, and the mirror black finish looks awesome on your roof. For T-Slot crossbars, add the SmarT-Slot Kit 2 for a super sleek setup (sold separately).
- Easily carries six pair of skis – up to 136 mm wide at the tip – or four snowboards
- Aerodynamic design delivers a quiet ride and streamlined good looks
- Universal mounting system works with round, square, factory, and most aerodynamic roof racks
- Integrated SkiLift provides clearance for tall bindings
- DoubleJoint™ hinge expands for easy use with thick skis and boards
- HangOver™ clamp-mounting position shifts the mount further out on your vehicle’s roof rack allowing easier access to skis and snowboards and leaving more room for other gear
- (A) Standard mounting location
- (B) HangOver™ clamp-mounting position
- Large button makes it easy to open with gloves or mittens on
- Sleek mirror black finish looks great on your roof
- Integrated SKS (Same Key System) locks included
- Compatible with T-slot crossbars – just add our SmarT-Slot Kit 2 (sold separately)
Smart-Slot Kit 2
Go super sleek with this low-profile conversion kit that lets you mount your FatCat or FatCat EVO to T-slotted crossbars, such as our JetStream bars.